bbq Chicken is known as Korean number one franchise brand Chicken Restaurant. It had its franchise around major cities around the world. In East Malaysia alone there is four bbq Chicken Restaurant. We visited their latest outlet at Miri Times Square. It is surely a place for chicken lovers.
Miri is the second largest city in Sarawak. It was previously known as Oil Town and now undergoing significant city transformation over the decade with its expansion into the sea with newly developed Marina ParkCity, which includes its marina waterfront and Miri Times Square. Miri Times Square is a premium integrated development with various offices, SOHO and high-street retail shop.
One striking feature of Miri Times Square is tall evergreen trees and palm trees. It creates a sense of harmony between the nature and the brick themed architecture. Every part of the building design is spacious and predominantly double spaced.
The Landmark Clock Tower is located at the center park of Miri Times Square. The park is known as Victoria Plaza, which is easily seen from the Brooke Gateway.
So where is bbq Chicken Restaurant ?
It is located at the Centre Court, which in layman’s term, just in front of the Clock Tower at Victoria Plaza. You find the clock tower and you will find the Restaurant.
Address: Lot AG-27, Ground Floor, Miri Times Square, Marina Park City, 98000 Miri, Sarawak
Style: Korean Restaurant serving Korean Style dishes from various chicken dishes, rice, Ramen and Pasta. Some of the dishes may be spicy.
Opening: 27th April 2019
The restaurant is fully air conditioned, and very spacious. The double spaced retail shops outline allows another mezzanine floor or known as intermediate floor to be utilized as extended dinning space. The warm white lighting gives a comfortable dining environment.
We try out their Hot Stone Rice. The Kimchi Chicken Hot Stone Rice is simply delicious. We especially love the Charbroiled Chicken, tender and tasty. It match well with the spicy kimchi.
We also try out the Chicken Mayo Hot Stone Rice and Chocolate Frappe.
Although we didn’t try out all their famous dishes in one day, we will be back for more of their dishes. The price may be high for some, but the taste of premium Korean food is worth it. Do bring your friends and family to this Korean Restaurant if you have chance drop by at Miri Times Square.
Below is the Menu during our visit. It may subject to change.
Soup n Salad
- Pane Mushroom Cream Soup – Cream based soup with mushroom, served in bread bowl with chicken tenders.
- bbq’s Mushroom Soup – Cream based soup with mushroom and served with baguette.
- Kimchi Jigae – Spicy kimchi soup that will never cease to excite your tastebuds.
- Chic-pea Salad – Salad with chick-peas, nuts, black olives, broccoli, peas and walnuts with yuja sauce.
- Garden Salad – A vegetarian staple – fresh bed of romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce and lollo rossa lettuce, dressed in Caesar dressing.
- Golden Olive Chicken Strips – Finely selected and marinated chicken breast with bbq’s secret ingredients.
- Basakhan Crispy Chicken – Crispy deep fried chicken marinated and battered bbq’s secret recipe.
- Golden Fried Chicken – Our signature fried chicken is known for it’s unforgettable taste.
- Mala Hot Chicken – Special sauce mixed with Mala pepper and spicy taste covered on crispy chicken.
- Gang-Jeong Chicken – Spicy and Sweet traditional Korean sauce mixed with Crispy chicken.
- Soy Garlic Chicken – Soy sauce with garlic flavor coated on crispy chicken.
- Gangnam-style Chicken – Spicy, sweet and sour flavours Gangnam-style sauce mixed with crispy chicken.
- Hot-hot Chicken – Special hot and spicy sauce dowsed on Golden Olive Chicken.
- Cheesling Chicken – Enticing cheesy flavor powder rained on crispy chicken.
- Onion Creamy Chicken – Fresh onions topping with soft cream sauce on crispy chicken.
- Leek Soy Chicken – Fresh leeks topping with special soy sauce on crispy chicken.
Combo and Platter
- Quadruple Combo – Three may be crowd, but four is definitely a party! Each served in 3 pieces: Hot-hot Chicken, Gang-jeong Chicken, Cheesling Chicken and Soy Garlic Chicken.
- 2 combo – Choose any 2 types of chicken, each served with 3 pieces: Hot-hot Chicken, Gang-jeong Chicken, Cheesling Chicken and Soy Garlic Chicken.
- Grilled Chicken Platter – Served with Jerk Grilled Chicken, Korean Charbroiled Chicken, Omma’s Rice Ball, Chicken Skewers, French Fries, Mushroom Cream Soup and Sauteed Vegetables.
- Sauced Chicken Platter – Served with Hot-hot Chicken, Gang-jeong Chicken, Omma’s Rice Ball, Chicken Skewers, French Fries, Mushroom Cream Soup and Sauteed Vegetables.
- Fried Chicken Platter – Served with Golden Olive Chicken, Basakhan Crispy Chicken, Omma’s Rice Ball, Chicken Skewers, French Fries, Mushroom Cream Soup and Sauteed Vegetables.
- Jerk Grilled Chicken – Grilled chicken whole leg coated generously with bbq’s special jerk sauce.
- Korean Spicy Grilled Chicken – Grilled chicken whole leg coated with Korean traditional sauce (Gochujang)
- Charbroiled Galbi (Chicken) – Grilled boneless thigh marinated with Korean bulgogi sauce.
- Spicy Dakgalbi – Stir-fried chicken with traditionally seasoned red-pepper sauce with cabbage, onion and carrot.
- Spicy Cheese Dakgalbi – Spicy Dakgelbi covered with melting mozzarella cheese.
- Bulgogi Dakgalbi with Ramen – Stir-fried chicken with Korean bulgogi sauce, cabbage, onion, carrot and ramen.
Korean Rice Ball – Freshly cooked Korean rice ball, served with corn, sauteed vegetables and juicy chicken.
- Bulgogi Beef Korean Rice Ball – Served with Hot-hot Chicken, sauteed vegetables and corn.
- Tuna Korean Rice Ball – Served with Golden Olive Chicken, Sauteed vegetables and corn.
- Charbroiled Galbi (Chicken) Korean Rice Ball – Served with Jerk Grilled Chicken, sauteed vegetables and corn.
- Chicken Mayo Hot Stone Rice – Chicken & egg topped on the rice with mayonnaise.
- Bulgogi Beef Hot Stone Rice – Bulgogi beef & vegetables topped on the rice.
- Kimchi Chicken Hot Stone Rice – Kimchi & Charbroiled Galbi (Chicken) topped on the rice.
- Nasi Goreng Sous Vide – Witness a fusion of flavours in a nasi goreng, served with chicken tenders.
- bbq’s Kimchi Fried Rice – bbq’s Kimchi fried rice served with Korean Charbroiled Chicken and topped with egg.
- Gochujang Fried Rice – Nothing beats Korean-style spicy fried rice served with egg on surrounding.
Ramen and Pasta
- Pane Cream Pasta – Cream base pasta with shrimp in bread bowl.
- Aglio-olio Pasta – Oil and garlic base pasta with shrimps and chicken hams with a touch of chili flakes.
- Pomodoro – Homemade fresh tomato sauce pasta made with lots of love and veggie.
- Angry Ramen – Warning ! Very very spicy Ramen ahead, Attempt with caution.
- Kimchi Ramen – Korea popular ramen with mushroom, egg, carrot and kimchi.
Sharing is Caring Pizza
- Vegi-Tomato Pastry Pizza – Fresh vegetables with balsamic sauce topped on pastry dough.
- Grilled Chicken Spoon Pizza – Spoon pizza based on cream sauce, Charbroiled Galbi (Chicken) and black olive.
- Bulgogi (beef) Pastry Pizza – Bulgogi (Beef) topped on pastry dough.
- Seafood Pajeon – Korean pancake loaded with seafood and garnished generously with chili and chives.
- Chicken Tenders Spoon Pizza -Spoon pizza based on fresh tomato sauce, baby potatoes and chicken tenders.
- Kochi (3 skewers) – Grilled chicken skewers with vibrant bell peppers for a balance flavor.
- French Fries
- Onion Rings – Deep fried onion made with bbq’s special powder
- White Steamed Rice
- Fried Kimchi
- “i’m not Hungry” Kids Meal – Charbroiled Galbi Chicken, Butter Corn, Omma’s Rice Balls, Assorted Fruits and Orange Juice.
- “I don’t know” Kids Meal – Chicken Tenders, French Fries, Omma’s Rice Balls, Assorted Fruits and Orange Juice.
- Mocha Frappe
- Chocolate Frappe
- Vanilla Oreo Frappe
- Peanut Butter Frappe
- Caramel Macchiato
- Caffe Latte
- Caffe Macha
- Menta Cubano
- Berry Berry Blueberry
- Mango Sunrise
- Pink Guava and Strawberry
- SUNQUICK Orange
- Orange Juice
- Carrot Milk
- Calamansi Juice
- Apple Calamansi Juice
Korean Premium Tea
- Aloe Honey
- Ginger Honey
- Korean Tea
- Citron Honey
- Coca Cola
- Fanta Strawberry
- Fanta Grape
- Iced Lemon Tea
- Minute Maid Refresh Orange
- Authentic Tea House Chrysanthemum
- Authentic Tea House Oolong Tea
- Dasani Mineral Water
- A&W Cream Soda
- A&W Sarsaparilla
- Heaven & Earth Jasmine Green Tea
- Heaven & Earth Ice Passion Fruit
- Heaven & Earth Mango Chamomile