The annual Kuching Festival and Food Fair 2019 is a celebration in conjunction with Kuching City Day. The three weeks long celebration is packed with Fun and Activities, Performance and Art, Music and Entertainment. The stage for the Kuching Festival spread around Kuching South City Council (MBKS) grounds. So, don’t miss it.
Name : Kuching Festival 2019
Event duration : 3 weeks of celebration From 26th July 2019 till 18th August 2019.
Entrance : Free
Location : Kuching South City Council (MBKS) grounds, Including Dewan Masyarakat, MBKS Theatre, MBKS Auditorium, Kuching Park and State Hockey Stadium.
Official Website : https://sarawaktourism.com/event/kuching-festival/
Events During Kuching Festival 2019 :
- Kuching Festival Fair (Food Fair, Trade Fair, Nightly Entertainment) ,26th July – 18th August 2019, 6pm till 11pm at Dewan Masyarakat
- International Friendship Cities Night, 26th – 28th July 2019, 7pm till 9pm at MBKS Theatre
- Garden Show, 26th July – 18th August 2019, 6pm till 11pm at Kuching Park
- Football Tournament (Mayor’s Cup), 26th July 2019 (3pm onward), 27th – 28th July 2019 (7am onwards) at Jubilee Ground
- Mayor’s Walk, 28th July 2019, 5.30am – 10.00am at MBKS Foyer
- Volleyball Competition (Mayor’s Cup), 2nd August 2019 (7pm onward), 3rd August 2019 (8am – 5pm), 4th August 2019 (8am – 1pm) at MBKS Indoor Stadium
- Kuching Zumba Fiesta, 3rd August 2019, 7pm – 10pm at State Hockey Stadium
- Fishing Competition, 4th August 2019, 9.30am – 12.00 noon at Kuching Park Lake
- Traditional Oriental Music, 4th August 2019 3pm – 5pm at MBKS Auditorium
- Kuching Got Talent, 10th August 2019 7pm – 11pm (Semi Final), 12th August 2019 7pm – 9pm (Finale) at MBKS Theatre
- Folk Dance Performance, 10th August 2019, 6.30pm – 10pm at State Hockey Stadium
- Sports TOTO 3 on 3 Basketball Jamboree, 11th August 2019 7 am onward at MBKS Foyer
- Yuanji Dance Performance, 11th August 2019, 7pm – 10 pm at State Hockey Stadium
- E-Sports Tournament, 16th August 2019 (9am – 4pm), 17th August 2019 (9am – 5pm), 18th August 2019 (9am – 8pm) at MBKS Lobby
- Rugby Tournament, 17th August 2019, 4pm onwards at Song Kheng Hai Rugby Field
- CASH Martial Arts Display, 17th August 2019 7pm – 10pm at State Hockey Stadium
- Badminton Team Competition (Mayor’s Cup), 18th – 25th August 2019, 8am – 5pm at MBKS Sports Village
- Hockey Tournament, 24th – 25th August 2019, 7am onward at State Hockey Stadium
The Kuching Festival Fair 2019
The Kuching Festival Fair is commonly known as the Kuching Fest Food Fair because of its main attraction – Food Fair. The food fair never fails to attracts more than thousands of visitors everyday. However Kuching Festival Fair is comprised of several attractions – The Food Fair, Trade Fair and Nightly Entertainment.
Opening Hours : From 26th July 2019 till 18th August 2019. The Gates open at 4pm, Peak hours starts at 6-8pm till all food sold out, usually ends around 10-11pm.
Kuching Festival Food Fair is located at the open space and car park space around Dewan Masyarakat (Community Hall)
Latitude : 1.5515738259637832
Longitude : 110.36333365145106
Kuching Festival Fun Fair is located at the outer region of the Food Fair, near the stage beside the Kuching Park Lake and the entrance beside Hokkien Park.
Kuching Festival Trade Fair is spread in two location, one is inside the Community Hall, and the other near the entrance beside Hokkien Park.
There is nearly 300 stalls around Kuching Festival Fair with various food offerings. Sausage, burgers, fried chickens, sandwich, grill meats, rice, noodles, ice creams, milk teas, desserts…. and many more.
The Kuching Festival Garden Show
The Kuching Festival Garden Show is another highlight for the visit. Family and friends can walk along the Garden and enjoy the wonderful display of water, lights and plants. This year there is several new features that is different from the previous years.
Opening Hours: 26th July – 18th August 2019, 6pm till 11pm
Location: It is just located beside the Kuching Festival Food Fair, near the MBKS building.
This year, the Kuching Festival Garden Show feature a LED light tunnel. Visitors can walk along the tunnel and enjoy the amazing light tunnel, with great opportunity for amazing photo shoot.
There is also several new cat statues in the Garden Show compared to last year. This year highlight is the four cats statue beside a water wall fountain. The statue depicts a family of cats with the parents in love and two kittens playing beside.
The Kuching Festival Fair 2019 Official Launching Ceremony
We visited the Kuching Festival on the first day at 26th July 2019. The opening ceremony is located at the stage above the Lake at MBKS Jubilee Recreation Grounds.
The VIP arrived at around 8pm, welcomed by the Kuching Festival mascot and several cultural performances from lion dance to traditional costume.
The first performance is the T-Baton demonstration by the MBKS Enforcement Team. It is a team dance and demonstration of using the famous Baton that the enforcement team used.
After the opening performance, it is followed by welcome speech by the deputy mayor of kuching south and opening speech by prof. Datuk Dr. Sim Kui Hian.
After the opening speech, the event proceed with the official launching of the Kuching Festival 2019. The symbolic Kuching Festival mascot is placed on the launching panel and starts the countdown to the digital transformation journey of kuching and then the amazing firework display.
The multicultural traditional dance performance follows after the launching of Kuching Festival 2019. Meet the dancers with different traditional costume that represent different ethnics of Sarawak. This multicultural dance is brought to you by the Sarawak Arts Council.
It is an honor to invite the recently famous K-Pop boy group – Astin to Kuching Festival 2019 Launching Ceremony. Astin boy group debuted on March 7, 2019, with the album “Mirror Mirror”.
Indulge in traditional drum and music performance from Japan with the performance Sansui Asuka Taiko.
The Fun Fair and Entertainment
There is place for everyone during Kuching Festival Fair. For those who wants to enjoy some fun with mini games and competitions, do join some of game stall around the festival grounds. Many attractive prizes awaits. There is also ferries wheel, pirate ship, bumper car ride and marry go round at their fun fair.
What more, there is also a LED garden where you can have chance to shoot amazing light photos with your friends and family. It includes LED light tunnel, Fortune cate, Mini Paris Tower and the Moon.
Don’t miss the three weeks long event when you have the chance. It is fun and entertaining. We do end up bringing back lots of delicious food back home after the tour.